Tuesday, November 22, 2016

For Your Holiday Shopping - Art News from Melasdesign

Howdy folks. The holidays are approaching, with Thanksgiving breathing down our necks. While you're letting that Turkey settle, or are taking care of shopping for gift giving, take a few to peruse my artwork made since last blog post. This time I've sampled my favorite product images from my shops (Melasdesign) on Society6 and RedBubble (for wall art, home decor, phone cases, tshirts, fashion, accessories and paper goods, among other things), and also I'm sharing new originals on Etsy. I've been having a good time with all sorts of media, mixing a good deal of holiday musts in with whatever my imagination led me to. 

Church at Auvers a la Mela
Church at Auvers a la Mela

This is an original acrylic painting derivative work of Van Gogh's Church at Auvers. I decided to abstract it a little more by taking a view that is more close up than the original painting. The actual painting is available in my Etsy shop here.

These two original acrylic on paper paintings are also available on Etsy:



Cafe Terrace at Night a la Mela
Cafe Terrace at Night a la Mela
Where Joyce and I Differ
Where Joyce and I Differ

First I'll share my personal favorite designs of the period in my art to print shops under Melasdesign on Society6 and RedBubble.

Five Gerbers
Five Gerbers

This photoshop collage was a combination of a Gerber Daisy painting I made and photographs I shot at my favorite thrift store. So glad they let me stick around! 

Cups and Spoons

Cups and Spoons

I felt like drawing from models, and my tablet was out of order, so I took pencil and paper in hand and came up with this colorful ode to caffeine past, digitized after I Sharpied it.


Now onto my holiday selections of the year. One is a celebration of an Autumnal feast table by candle light. The others are my take on traditional holiday themes, along with a winter color themed pattern. 

Christmas Wreaths 16

Yuletide Peace
Yuletide Peace
Autumn Table
Autumn Table
Squiggly Candy Canes for Christmas
Squiggly Candy Canes for Christmas

Earth and Water Pattern
Earth and Water


Then there was my little Stop the Hate campaign in light of factions of both sides' behavior during the election.
This is not Normal
This is Not Normal - John Oliver Quote
Stop the Hate
Stop the Hate


Stop the Hate
Stop the Hate


Than a few designs that were just because.


Fall Trees Under Blue Sky
Fall Trees Under Blue Sky
Shibori Sue
Shibori Sue

Now time for the break. Looking forward to posting shibori scarves and more 2D work in my next blog! Until then, be kind to one another.